I love bread…
Rye, wheat, oat, white, cinnamon raisin, the list goes on and on.
However, banana bread holds a special place in my heart. Making a fresh loaf brings me back to being 10 years old, all over again. My grandmother was the banana bread queen. She had what seemed like a million different variations of B.B., and each one was perfect.
How is that even possible?
Even-though no recipe can touch grandmas, this healthy banana bread gets pretty close.
Macros Per Slice (makes 10):
95.72 Calories: .28g fat, 15.8g carbs (1g fiber), 7.5g protein
Weight Watchers PointsPlus: 2PP
- Dry ingredients:
- 1 Cup Bob's red mill 10 grain pancake mix (or pancake mix of choice)
- 2 scoops (60g) Vanilla Isopure (or whey of choice)
- ¼ cup Splenda sugar blend (45g)
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- Liquid ingredients:
- 2 ripe bananas (180g)
- ¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce (61g)
- 3 oz walden farms calorie free pancake syrup
- 2 egg whites (70g)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl
- In a separate medium sized bowl, combine all wet ingredients
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients
- Pour into a 9x9 pan
- Bake for around 40-45 minutes