Today I’m showing you how to make blueberry muffins. Before we get into the “good stuff” though, I just want to let you know today’s muffin recipe is sponsored by Isopure.
Alright, so, this isn’t your normal blueberry muffin recipe my friends.
These are – most likely going to be – the best healthy and easy blueberry muffins you ever make. Seriously, everything from the taste of these muffins, to the consistency of them, is on point.
The best part of all though, each one only has about 150 calories, and 10 grams of protein. Which means these blueberry muffins are a great snack, or even breakfast idea for weight loss.
So, if you’re looking for a way to curb your sweet-tooth in a calorie and macro-friendly way, give this blueberry muffin recipe a shot!
Things I Used To Make These Blueberry Muffins
- I used This Protein Powder to reduce some of the carbs, and boost the protein content of these muffins
- A Food Scale to correctly measure out all the ingredients in the recipe
- Sugar Substitute to add sweetness without the extra calories
- This Muffin Tray to bake the muffins in
- White Whole Wheat Flour: 1½ Cups
- Zero Carb Isopure Creamy Vanilla Protein Powder: 2 Scoops (60g)
- Stevia Sugar Blend: ¼ Cup + 1 Tsp for Topping (50g)
- Salt: ½ Tsp
- Baking Powder: 2 Tsps
- Unsweetened Applesauce: 1 Cup (122g)
- Vanilla Extract: 2 Tsps
- Egg: 1 Large
- Blueberries: 1 Cup (140g)
- Add all dry ingredients (except for 1 tsp of stevia and the blueberries) to a large bowl and mix until combined.
- Add all wet ingredients to a medium bowl and mix until combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry and mix with a spatula until a batter forms (DO NOT OVER MIX).
- Once the batter forms fold in ⅔ cup of blueberries.
- Now line a regular sized muffin tray with 8 paper liners, coat them with baking spray, and add the batter equally to each tin.
- Top the tins with a few blueberries and a dash of sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees / 190 Celsius for around 20 minutes.
- Let cool on the baking tray.
- Store in an air-tight container and refrigerate for several days. Or freeze the muffins for up to a few months. Makes 8 Servings.
Do you need help losing weight, but don’t know where to begin?
My e-book Macros Made Easy can help!
The book is a detailed weight loss guide that shows you step-by-step how to build a weight loss plan specifically for you.
One of the most frustrating things about dieting is hitting weight loss plateaus. That’s why Macros Made Easy also comes along with a spreadsheet to hold you accountable, and track your progress. The spreadsheet will also alert you when you need to make adjustments to your diet so you can continue losing weight, and avoid those annoying plateaus.
I started tracking my macronutrients (protein, carbohydrate, and fat intake) over 6 years ago – and I’ve lost over 70lbs because of it! Not only have I lost the weight, I’ve kept it off too. Plus, I didn’t eliminate any foods from my diet to do it- and neither will you!
If you’re ready to start your weight loss journey today, you can pick-up a downloadable copy of Macros Made Easy here!