Living in Buffalo, NY means one thing, chicken wings are a big deal, a very big deal. Growing up in the birthplace of the chicken wing also mean it was an obvious food choice for any birthday party, sporting event, banquet, or occasion of any kind really. Buffalonians just really like to eat "wings" for lunch, or dinner, even if nothing special is happing actually.
Anyways, the Super Bowl was coming up, and I just had to make a healthy version of this Buffalo delicacy. This recipe actually won Quest's recipe of the week, as the wings are breaded with their protein chips. Don't worry though, if you don't have Quest chips you can use pork rinds, or even corn flakes.
I love this recipe for 4 reasons:
- It's simple, simple, simple
- The macronutrients are ridiculous - 12 wings for under 450 calories say whaaa?
- They're crunchy, spicy, and I think as good or better than any restaurant boneless wing
- This recipe is packed with protein (80g to be exact)
If you try these boneless wings out, don't forget to snap a pic and tag it #thedietchef
And of course, you can always check out this recipe, and many many more on my YouTube Channel
Macronutrients (makes about 12 boneless wings)
434 Calories, 5g Fat, 13g Carbs (1.5g fiber), 80g Protein
10 Weight Watcher Points Plus
Healthy, Low Fat Boneless Wings
Healthy, Low Fat, High Protein, Boneless Wings
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Yield: 12 Wings 1x
- Category: Party Dish
- Cuisine: American
- 1 Medium sized chicken breast 200g (3.5oz)
- 1 Bag of Quest protein chips
- ⅛ Cup (14g) fat-free mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tbsp (10-12g) whole wheat flour
- 2 Egg whites (70g egg substitute)
- Sauce of your choice
- Trim the excess fat from a medium-large sized chicken breast.
- Cut your breast into 10-15 nugget sized pieces.
- Transfer wings into a dish, and cover them with 1 tablespoon hot sauce and set them aside.
- In a blender add:
- One bag of Quest Protein chips
- And ⅛ cup or 14g of Fat Free mozzarella cheese
- Using the pulsing mechanism on your blender crush you chips and cheese into a fine crunchy consistency and transfer to a shallow dish
- * You can also use Corn Flakes or pork rinds
- Now take out another shallow dish and add 1Tbsp (10-12g) white whole wheat flour
- In another small bowl add 2 egg whites or (70g) egg substitute.
- Start wing assembly line
- With your LEFT HAND...
- Coat each boneless wing piece in your flour
- Then give them a quick egg white bath
- Finally drop them into your Quest Protein chip mix and with your RIGHT HAND roll and press your boneless wings into the Quest Chip mix.
- Transfer you breaded wings to a baking sheet sprayed with buttered flavored Pam and give your wings a quick spray with the pam as well.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes and flip them halfway through (20 minute mark)
- When you turn them give them a quick spray with your buttered flavored pam.
- Cool your boneless wings on a paper towel for 2-5 minutes, this will help soak up any excess moisture, and keep them crispy.
- Dip them in the sauce of your choice one at a time and serve!
10 Weight Watcher Points Plus
- Serving Size: 12 Wings
- Calories: 434
- Fat: 5
- Carbohydrates: 13
- Fiber: 1.5
- Protein: 80
Leave a Reply