If you're following me on Snapchat (@TheDietChef) then you know I'm currently in full diet mode for my wedding. I haven't taken dieting this seriously since 2011, back when I did my first natural bodybuilding show. One of the things I remember most about dieting back then is constantly making pancakes and waffles. And when I say constantly, I mean it. Everyday, three or four out of my 5 meals were some type of pancakes of waffle. I made all different kinds. One time I even brought my waffle-maker to my aunts house, just because we were going to be there all day, and I wanted waffles. This pancake and waffle obsession went on for almost a year. Anyways, I've been getting those pancake and waffle cravings once again. So, prepare yourself for a lot of pancake and waffle recipes.
These chocolate chip, peanut butter, banana pancakes were the result of some strong cravings. I'm talking about the kind of cravings that pregnant women get. Except, I'm not a woman, or pregnant.
Once again, pancakes and waffles are slowly sneaking their way back into my diet. Last week alone I made this recipe 5 times. I just couldn't stop. The peanut butter flavor in these pancakes is simply addicting. Plus, there's a wonderful hint of banana to these. Oh, and how could I forget about those perfect chocolate chip filled bites?! Gah! I honestly get a little sad every time I finish off a stack.
Have you checked out my YouTube Channel yet? If not, you can watch ALL my recipes by clicking (here)!
Macros For The Batch (makes 7 silver dollar pancakes as seen in photo):
319 Calories, 8g Fat, 41g Carbs (8g fiber), 27g Protein
Healthy Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Banana Pancakes
Easy, healthy, high protein chocolate chip peanut butter banana pancakes
- Prep Time: 8 mins
- Cook Time: 7 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 7 Silver Dollar Pancakes
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- 5 Tbsps (30g) powdered peanut butter - I like PB2
- 2 Tbsps (28ml) calorie free pancake syrup (or Torani syrup | or water and sugar substitute)
- 3 Egg whites (105g)
- ⅓ Banana (33g)
- Heaping ¼ cup (25g) oats
- ½ Tbsp (7g) mini chocolate chips
- In a small dish make your peanut butter and set aside
- Now add all ingredients (including peanut butter) to you blender and blend until smooth
- In a small skillet, over medium-low heat add your batter
- Drop in a pinch of mini chocolate chips
- when batter starts bubbling give the pancake a flip
- cook for 1-2 minutes on the other side
- Serving Size: 1 Batch
- Calories: 319
- Fat: 8
- Carbohydrates: 41
- Fiber: 8
- Protein: 27