Can you believe these french fries aren’t actually made from a potato?
When I first heard about “jicama fries” I was a complete skeptic. First of all, I had eaten jicama probably less than 3 times in my entire life. And Second of all, none of those experiences involved eating cooked jicama.
My opinion quickly changed once I actually made these french fries though. Although they’re not as crunchy as a normal french fry, I think they have just as much, if not more flavor.
They’re also extremely simple to make.
All you have to do is
- Peel the jicama
- Cut your jicama into french fry strips
- Spray them with baking spray
- Top with a little salt and/or pepper
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
Macronutrients (per 5.3oz or 150g raw):
56 Calories, 0g Fat, 13.2g Carbs (7.4g fiber), 1.1g Protein
1 Weight Watcher Points Plus
- 1 medium Jicama
- Peel jicama
- Cut into french fry slices
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray
- Add jicama slices, coat with non-stick spray, top with salt and pepper
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes