The BEST Keto Peanut Butter Mug Cake Recipe
This Keto Peanut Butter Mug Cake Recipe is an absolute dream come true. That’s because this keto mug cake only takes 1 minute to make, only requires 4 ingredients, and only has 6 net carbs!
Did we just become keto mug cake best friends?!
I think so! And I think you’ll agree too once you try this low carb peanut butter mug cake recipe.
What’s the consistency of this mug cake like?
The craziest thing about this keto mug cake is how spot on the cake consistency of it is, and there’s not even any flour in the recipe. Like seriously, it’s soft, spongy, light, fluffy, and moist. And, the same thing can’t be said for most mug cakes, let alone, low carb keto mug cakes.
Keto Mug Cake Pro-Tips
Mug cake recipes are easily one of the most sensitive kinds of recipes you can make. That’s because a mug cake can go from delicious, to as hard as a brick – and inedible – in just 10-15 seconds. So, if you want the most delicious results possible for your keto mug cake, keep these next tips in mind.
I highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend undercooking your keto mug cake just slightly. If it’s a little too under done, you can always pop in back in the microwave for 5-10 more seconds. Doing this will ensure you achieve the perfect cake consistency from your mug cake. Once a mug cake is overcooked, there’s no turning back guys.
My only other pro-tip for this mug cake is to make sure you use “runny” smooth peanut butter. If your peanut butter is on the thicker, clumpy side, put it into the microwave – inside a microwave safe dish of course – for about 15 seconds. It’s important to do this, because it will help you mix the ingredients into a batter easier.
How To Make A Keto Peanut Butter Mug Cake
Keto Mug Cake Grocery List & Essentials
- First and foremost, use a food scale – like this one – to make sure you’re accurately weighing out all the ingredients.
- Also, keep the carbs and calories as low as possible, use a erythritol sugar substitute to sweeten your mug cake.
- Make sure you go with a Smooth Natural No Sugar Added Peanut Butter for your mug cake.
- Use a ramekin instead of a mug. Mug cakes always turn out better in ramekins.
- 3 Tbsps (48g) Natural Peanut Butter
- 1 Tbsp (12g) Erythritol
- 1 Egg
- ½ Tsp Baking Powder
- Add all of the ingredients listed above into a small bowl
- Mix until well combined and smooth
- Now coat a mug with baking spray
- Add the batter to the mug
- Microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute
- *Microwave times will vary depending on the power of your microwave