2 Ingredient bagels don't get better than this!
Whether you're doing Weight Watchers freestyle, Smart Points, or even just counting your calories & macros, this bagel recipe is the ONLY one you'll ever need!
Before I get into the recipe, I just want to quickly mention today's recipe is sponsored by Isopure Protein Powder. I used their Unflavored Whey Protein Powder to reduce the carbs in the bagels, and add some protein!
How To Make 2 Ingredient Bagels (Video)
Alright, so lets get into this improved two ingredient bagel recipe...
The "base" of these bagels is made from Greek yogurt and self rising flour (protein powder is optional), but you'd never even guess it. They taste just like "real" bagels, and have the same texture as "real" bagels too.
With that being said, you can definitely use just 2 ingredients to make these bagels. However, I added 2 more ingredients to "perfect" the recipe.
Don't get me wrong, you can definitely make good bagels with only 2 ingredients - Greek Yogurt & self rising flour - but if you add the extra ingredients, you'll make great ones!
The biggest difference between these 2 ingredient bagels, and "real" bagels is the calories.
In fact, each one of these bagels has just 180 calories. And that might not even be the most impressive thing about this recipe. What might even be more impressive, is that each one of these bagels also has almost as much protein as it does carbs!
2 Ingredient Bagel Grocery List
- A food scale
- Protein powder
- Self rising flour
- Everything seasoning
- A large bowl
- Egg wash brush
- Baking sheet
2 Ingredient Bagels - IMPROVED Weight Watcher Bagel Recipe
2 Ingredient bagels! Whether you're doing Weight Watchers freestyle or Smart Points, this bagel recipe is the ONLY one you'll ever need! The "base" of these 2 ingredient bagels is made from Greek yogurt and self rising flour, but you'd never even guess. They taste just like "real" bagels, and have the same texture as "real" bagels, but have far fewer calories. I made a couple of updates to the original two ingredient bagel recipe, and I think this is the best version of that recipe you'll try!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 4 Bagels
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- Self Rising Flour - 1 Cup (120g)
- Non-Fat Greek Yogurt - 1 Cup (220g)
- Unflavored Whey Isopure - 1 Scoop (30g)
- Egg or egg substitute - (50g)
- Everything Seasoning - To Taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350 Degrees
- Add first 3 ingredients to a large bowl
- Mix until crumbly (do not over mix)
- Once crumbly, use your hands to form a ball of dough (do not over work the dough)
- When you’ve got the dough formed separate it into 4 equal sized pieces
- Coat your work-surface area with flour
- Use your hands to roll each piece out - into about a 6 inch line of dough - and then bend and connect it into a circle
- Add each bagel to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Coat each one with a small amount of egg wash
- Top with any seasonings you’d like to use
- Bake for around 20 minutes
- Once the bagels are done baking let them cool down completely in the sheet itself
- Once cooled, store in an air-tight container in the fridge for a couple of days.
*NOTE: If not using the protein powder use 1 ¼ cups (150g) of self rising flour.
- Serving Size: 1 Bagel
- Calories: 180
- Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 25
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 17
I didn’t have the protein powder so I just used more flour, and they turned out just like your photos. Absolutely perfect bagels!
These bagels turned out so tasty! That everything seasoning you linked really hit the spot too.
Julie Hawkins says
Wow!! Absolutely fantastic!!! I added 1 tsp of baking powder and threw the everything bagel seasoning to the batter and then on top. Dare I say...one of the best bagels I have had!! Thank you!!!!