Learning how to meal prep for the week in the easiest way possible is something I’m trying to perfect. And today’s Chicken Fried Rice Meal Prep recipe is staying true to that philosophy.
From start to finish this chicken fried rice meal prep will take you under an hour. Yep, in under 60 minutes you have lunches or dinners (or a combination of both) covered for the work week.
Also, this is a great meal prep for weight loss. Each container of this chicken fried rice has less than 300 calories.
At the end of the day, weight loss comes down to eating less calories than you burn. Having satisfying, low calorie meals like this at your finger tips at any given time can be a weight loss game changer.
By the way, if you need help setting up a weight loss plan, I wrote an e-book that can help you out with that – you can grab that here.
Low Carb Chicken Fried Rice Meal Prep Essentials:
- A food scale so you can figure out the nutritional information, and so you can evenly distribute the fried rice into your containers
- Speaking of containers, you’ll definitely need some meal prep containers – for obvious reasons
- One of the best purchases I’ve made has been my wok (you can get it here), and I’d highly recommend using one. It just makes cooking large batches of food so much easier.
- Don’t skip out on the sesame oil – I use this one – it really makes the dish
- The Green Giant Riced Cauliflower Medley is seriously a low-carb game changer
- 4 Bags of Green Giant's Riced Cauliflower Medley (or 16 cups of riced cauliflower + 3 cups of a peas and carrots mix)
- 300g Of egg beaters (or 8 egg whites, or 6 whole eggs)
- 3 Medium to large sized chicken breasts (1750g)
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 3 Tbsps soy sauce
- Trim and cube 3 medium to large sized chicken breasts about (1500g or about 4lbs)
- Add chicken to a large pan coated with baking spray and cook on medium high heat until no longer pink and white all the way through (around 10 minutes)
- Weigh-out your chicken before cooking it if you're trying to keep track of the calories in your meal prep ... and be sure to enter the value as "uncooked" in MyFItnessPal etc.
- Next take out 4 Bags (12 oz / 340g) riced cauliflower medley bags by Green Giant OR 16 Cups of riced cauliflower + 3 Cups of a peas and carrots mix
- Coat a large wok with nonstick baking spray, and add the cauliflower
- At this point, you can also add 3 Tbsps of soy sauce.
- Cook until all of the water evaporates from the wok itself
- Once the water cooks out add 300g egg beater (8 egg whites, or 6 whole eggs, or 4 whites and 3 whole eggs)
- Cook until the eggs are fluffy and dry and no liquid egg is left in the wok
- Now add your chicken and mix everything together until combined
- Take your food scale back out, add a large bowl to it (tare the scale to zero), add you fried rice to the bowl along with 1 tbsp of sesame oil, and whatever the amount is in grams on the scale is what you'll want to divide by. For instance, If you want to only make 4 meal preps out of this, you'd divide the number on the scale by 4, and then add that amount of fried rice to each meal prep container. So, say you have 1000g of fried rice you'd divide that up into 4 containers, and each meal prep container would have 250g of chicken fried rice.
Do you need help losing weight?!
My e-book Macros Made Easy can help!
The book is a detailed weight loss guide that shows you step-by-step how to build a weight loss plan specifically for you.
One of the most frustrating things about dieting is hitting weight loss plateaus. That’s why Macros Made Easy also comes along with a spreadsheet to hold you accountable, and track your progress. The spreadsheet will also alert you when you need to make adjustments to your diet so you can continue losing weight, and avoid those annoying plateaus.
I started tracking my macronutrients (protein, carbohydrate, and fat intake) over 6 years ago – and I’ve lost over 70lbs because of it! Not only have I lost the weight, I’ve kept it off too. Plus, I didn’t eliminate any foods from my diet to do it- and neither will you!
So, if you’re ready to start your weight loss journey today, you can pick-up a downloadable copy of Macros Made Easy here!