“Chick-en parm you taste sooo good.” -Peyton Manning
Sorry to get that jingle stuck in your head. I just couldn’t help myself. It’s been stuck in mine for oh-I-don’t-know, about an hour now.
This chicken parmesan casserole recipe does taste so good though, and it’s also pretty good for you. Every serving is only 218 calories, but packs 35.5g of protein. Chicken parmesan casserole certainly isn’t as crispy as the fried kind, but it’s sure to cure any chicken parm cravings for only a fraction of the fat macros. And I’m allll for saving some macros. Especially when I can use those fat macros for healthier omega-3 fats, and other polyunsaturated fats.
By the way, you can easily meal-prep this in under 45 minutes (start-finish) if you have some cooked chicken breasts, and these healthy homemade breadcrumbs on hand. I also like to split my casserole up into 6 equal sized pieces, that way lunch is taken care of for the entire week.
As always, if you make this chicken parm casserole, don’t forget to snap a pic and tag it #thedietchef on Instagram! And of course, you can always watch this recipe, and many many more on The Diet Chef YouTube Channel!
- 4 Cups (500g) cubed chicken breast cooked
- 16 oz (440g) low calorie tomato sauce
- ½ Cup (50g) shredded parmesan cheese
- 1½ Cups (168g) fat-free mozzarella cheese
- ¾ Cup (75g) breadcrumbs
- Fresh basil and parsley to taste
- *Optional but encouraged - 1-2 Tbsp (15-30ml) extra virgin olive oil
- Add the chicken, tomato sauce, and mozzarella cheese ingredients to an 8x8 casserole dish
- Mix parmesan cheese with the breadcrumbs, olive oil, and fresh herbs and top the chicken
- Bake @ 350 degrees | 177 Celsius for 20-25 minutes or until edges are bubbly