This healthy chocolate chip cookie in a mug recipe might just change the cookie game though!
Ok, well maybe that was a bit dramatic, but this recipe is pretty awesome.
If you’re following the ketogenic diet you’ll love it because it only has 5 grams of net carbs.
And if you happen to be gluten-free you’ll love it because there’s no gluten! The base is made up of coconut flour and protein powder, instead of white/wheat flour. The crazy thing is, you honestly can’t tell that it’s not a “normal” chocolate chip cookie recipe.
My favorite thing about this recipe though is that it lets you satisfy your chocolate chip cookie cravings in just about 5 minutes. Also, since this only makes one cookie, portion control is already built into the recipe! And that’s a huge plus for me, because I can’t just eat one cookie when I make a batch.
Cookie In A Mug Pro-Tips:
- Microwave times will vary – be sure to read my tips in the recipe below
- Use a food scale to weigh-out your ingredients – exact measurements are important for this recipe
- Use a high-quality whey protein – this is the one I like and use
- Choose a good liquid sweetener – I used this one but I like this one too
- You can NEVER go wrong with this coconut flour – I use it in all of my coconut flour based recipes
- 1 Tbsp (10g) coconut flour
- ⅓ Scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- 2 Tbsps (30g) unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 Tsp (4g) liquid sweetener - if batter is not sweet enough add more
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ Tbsp (8g) melted coconut oil
- 1 Egg yolk
- Pinch of salt
- Coat a medium-large sized ramekin with baking spray
- Add all ingredients to the ramekin
- Mix until well combined
- Microwave for around 2 minutes - Microwave times will vary depending on the strength of your microwave. The time suggested is for 1200 Watt micros and always err on the side of less time than more.
Do you need help losing weight?!
My e-book Macros Made Easy can help!
The book is a detailed weight loss guide that shows you step-by-step how to build a weight loss plan specifically for you.
One of the most frustrating things about dieting is hitting weight loss plateaus. That’s why Macros Made Easy also comes along with a spreadsheet to hold you accountable, and track your progress. The spreadsheet will also alert you when you need to make adjustments to your diet so you can continue losing weight, and avoid those annoying plateaus.
I started tracking my macronutrients (protein, carbohydrate, and fat intake) over 6 years ago – and I’ve lost over 70lbs because of it! Not only have I lost the weight, I’ve kept it off too. Plus, I didn’t eliminate any foods from my diet to do it- and neither will you!
If you’re ready to start your weight loss journey today, you can pick-up a downloadable copy of Macros Made Easy here!