A Healthy Funfetti Cake Batter Cookie Recipe?!
Yep, it’s true. This cookie recipe is all kinds of healthy.
This cake batter protein cookie is way better than the store bought kind – cough cough Lenny and Larry’s. Not to mention, it’s just way cheaper to make these than buy those cookies too.
Lets face it, $3-4 PER COOKIE adds up fast. And I definitely don’t have the bank account to support that addiction.
However, this cookie isn’t just rad because it’s cheap.
No, no, no my friends.
This cookie is rad because it’s…
- Low in calories
- Packs more protein than the store bought kind
- Is easy to make
- And is super quick to make too
There’s probably a hundred more reasons, but those 6 came to my head in less than a minute.
So, if you love all things cake batter, but want to be healthy too, I think there’s no better option to satisfy both of those requirements other than this cookie. I mean, it only has 150 calories, and over 25g of protein.
How could you not love that?!
By the way, if you like this recipe, you should totally checkout this peanut butter protein cookie too.
Cake Batter Protein Cookie Pro-Tips:
- Use a food scale to weigh-out your ingredients – exact measurements are important for this recipe
- Use a high-quality whey protein – this is the one I like and use
- Choose a good liquid sweetener – I used this one but I like this one too
- You can NEVER go wrong with this coconut flour – I use it in all of my coconut flour based recipes
- 1 Tbsp (7g) coconut flour
- 1 Scoop (30g) vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 Tbsp (15g) vanilla unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 Tsp of liquid sweetener - you may need closer to 2 or 2½ tsps if using liquid stevia
- 1 Tsp sprinkles
- Add all ingredients into a small bowl - except sprinkles
- Mix with a spatula until a crumbly consistency forms
- Once crumbly work ingredients into a dough with your hands - if too dry add almond milk 1 tsp at a time until dough forms and if too liquidy add a tsp of coconut flour and protein powder at a time until dough does form
- When the dough is formed coat your work surface area with baking spray and form your cookie - it should be about ¼ inch thick
- After the cookie is formed add it to the microwave and micro for 5-10 seconds
- Let the cookie set for a couple of minutes and enjoy warm - or refrigerate for atleast an hour and eat as a no bake cookie
Do you need help losing weight?!
My e-book Macros Made Easy can help!
The book is a detailed weight loss guide that shows you step-by-step how to build a weight loss plan specifically for you.
One of the most frustrating things about dieting is hitting weight loss plateaus. That’s why Macros Made Easy also comes along with a spreadsheet to hold you accountable, and track your progress. The spreadsheet will also alert you when you need to make adjustments to your diet so you can continue losing weight, and avoid those annoying plateaus.
I started tracking my macronutrients (protein, carbohydrate, and fat intake) over 6 years ago – and I’ve lost over 70lbs because of it! Not only have I lost the weight, I’ve kept it off too. Plus, I didn’t eliminate any foods from my diet to do it- and neither will you!
If you’re ready to start your weight loss journey today, you can pick-up a downloadable copy of Macros Made Easy here!