Half cake, half cookie, 100% delicious...
This cookie cake is...well...a little different. It's actually the result of a chocolate chip cookie recipe gone wrong. I've been trying to make a macro-friendly chocolate chip cookie for months. Literally, for months. Batch after batch, I'd always find something I didn't like about the cookies - they were to spongey, to dry, to rubbery, to airy etc. etc. etc. And then I made these and thought, "They're too cake-y, but they're soooo delicious". Then a light bulb went off in my brain - "What if this isn't a cookie recipe, but a cake recipe?!".
You'll definitely need a glass of milk with a slice of this cake - it is half cookie after all. And I don't think it'd be weird at all if you dunk'd it in milk. It actually sounds quite delicious, and totally acceptable in this instance.
What's also surprising about this recipe is the protein content. Each slice has 10g of protein, and you'd never know. Seriously, you can't tell protein powder is one of the ingredients. So if you're having trouble getting protein into your diet, this cookie cake might be your answer!
If you liked this recipe, be sure to subscribe to my YouTube Channel (by clicking here), and you'll never miss one again. And of course, you can watch this cookie cake come together just by clicking on the video below.
Macros Per Slice (makes 9):
165 Calories, 3.5g Fat, 23g Carbs (1g fiber), 10g Protein
Healthy and Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
Healthy and Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake Recipe! This really is the BEST clean eating cookie cake - the cake's texture really is half cookie and half cake. Plus, it's an awesome birthday cake idea for those "healthy eaters" in your life.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 1 cake 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ Cup (60ml) unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Heaping ⅓ Cup (90g) non-fat Greek yogurt
- ½ Tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp (14g) light butter
- Heaping cup (135g) white whole wheat flour
- Heaping ⅓ cup (70g) brown sugar substitute
- 2 Scoops (60g) Isopure's Vanilla Whey Protein
- ¼ Tsp baking soda, baking powder and salt
- 3 ½ Tbsp (52g) semi-sweetened mini chocolate chips
- Add all liquid ingredients to a small sized bowl, mix well, and set aside
- Now add all dry ingredients to a medium sized bowl (except for the chocolate chips) and combine
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until well combined
- Once combined, add about half of your chocolate chips into the batter and stir
- Heavily coat an 8x8 inch tray with baking spray and add your batter
- Dust the remaining chocolate chips with flour (this will keep them from sinking to the bottom of the tray) and add them to the top of the batter
- Bake at 350 Degrees | 177 Celsius for 15-20 min. (until a toothpick comes out clean) *Don't overcook, cake can dry out VERY easily
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 165
- Fat: 3.5
- Carbohydrates: 23
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 10