It's getting colder outside.
At least it's starting to get chili (see what I did there) up here in Buffalo. Gone are the 80 degree days and 70 degree nights. Now the days are about 65 degrees (on a good day), and the nights are a crisp 45ish degrees.
One of my favorite things to do on a cold day is warm up with something hot - in the morning this means oatmeal, and at night it means chili (or soup). And for whatever reason, I've been really into crockpot recipes this fall, so stay tuned for those! However, This Turkey Chili recipe isn't a crockpot recipe, it's better!
Get this, all you do is add everything to your pan, and 30 minutes later, boom, chili's done. Seriously, this recipe is really that simple.
This Turkey Chili also packs a mean punch of deliciousness too. Somebody commented on YouTube how great the refried beans are in this recipe, and I have to agree with them, they totally make this chili. There's just something about the combination of refried beans and kidney beans that warm the soul (ok that's clearly an exaggeration) - but there is something hearty and tasty about the two when they get together.
Have I convinced you to make it yet?
If I haven't, my last ditch effort is to tell you about the nutritional information. Every serving of this Turkey Chili, and I'm talking a big BIG serving, has less than 400 calories and over 30g of protein. Plus, there's only 1g of fat per serving - perfect for those nights where you don't have many fat macros left.
Trust me, if it's cold outside where you live right now, do yourself a favor and make this ASAP.
Healthy Turkey Chili Recipe
HEALTHY and EASY Low Calorie Turkey Chili Recipe
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 5 bowls 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- 1lb 99% lean ground turkey
- ½ Cup (100g) diced bell peppers
- ½ Cup (100g) diced onions
- 8oz Can low calorie tomato sauce
- 2 ½ Cups chicken broth
- 1 ½ (180g) Cups corn kernels
- 15oz Can kidney beans drained
- 16oz Can refried beans
- 10oz Can of Rotel tomatoes with green chilis
- 1 Packet taco seasoning
- Turn your stove up to medium, coat a pan with baking spray, and brown your turkey
- When the turkey is browned add the peppers and onions
- Once the peppers and onions have started to sweat add in all of the other ingredients
- Now turn the stove up to high and bring your chili up to a boil
- Once your chili is boiling turn down the heat to a simmer and stir the pot occasionally for the next 15 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 Bowl
- Calories: 345
- Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 54
- Fiber: 13
- Protein: 31