These peppers have summer grilling written all over them!
When I made Italian sausage turkey burgers the other day my natural instinct was to make stuffed peppers next. Gosh, I’m glad that I did! My roommate could NOT stop raving about them…and he doesn’t even like “healthy food” as he calls it. In fact, we both couldn’t stop eating them.
No leftovers were saved on this day.
But that’s ok with me!
Macronutrients (per pepper)
214 Calories, 1g Fat, 25g Carbs (4g Fiber), 26g Protein
5 Weight Watcher PointsPlus
- 4 bell peppers
- ½ pound extra lean ground turkey
- ½ Tbsp crushed red pepper
- ½ Tbsp fennel
- ½ tsp parsley
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 Cup (133g) chopped onion
- ⅓ Cup (40g) chopped zucchini
- ¼ Cup (30g) chopped green bell pepper
- and 1 Tbsp freshly diced garlic
- Cook 1 cup (86g uncooked) of brown rice
- 1¼ cups (140g) fat-free mozzarella
- In a medium sized bowl mix turkey ingredients
- In another medium sized bowl add & mix all ingredients except rice and cheese
- Cook turkey halfway through, and while the turkey is cooking sauté your vegetables in another pan
- Once ingredients have cooked to the appropriate levels its time to stuff your peppers
- Add the brown rice, then the turkey, then the veggies, and finally the cheese
- Repeat the same layers, except for the cheese....add that layer at the very end, so save some
- Add your peppers to a pyrex dish and cover with tin foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes
- After 45 minutes has passed pull your peppers out of the oven and top them with the saved cheese
- Bake for 5 more minutes