Mug Cake Pro Tips:
- Always slightly undercook your cake
- Choose the right liquid sweetener - I like this one, but this one works too!
- Use the perfectly sized mug for your cake - seriously, I love this thing
- Use whey protein powder, I used this one (other types of protein will dry out your cake)
Low Carb Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe
In this recipe I'll show you how to make a healthy, low carb, flourless, one minute chocolate mug cake in the microwave.
- Prep Time: 2 mins
- Cook Time: 1 min
- Total Time: 3 mins
- Yield: 1 Cake
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- ¼ Cup (60ml) Unsweetened vanilla almond/cashew milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp (5g) liquid sweetener
- 1 ½ (8g) Tbsps unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Scoop (30g) Chocolate whey protein powder
- 1 Tbsp (10g) coconut flour
- Pinch of salt
- Add all ingredients into a large souffle dish
- Mix until well combined
- Microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute - ALWAYS SLIGHTLY UNDERCOOK YOUR CAKE
- Serving Size: 1 Cake
- Calories: 310
- Fat: 11
- Carbohydrates: 10
- Fiber: 8
- Protein: 39
Do you need help losing weight, but don't know where to begin?
My e-book Macros Made Easy can help!
The book is a detailed weight loss guide that shows you step-by-step how to build a weight loss plan specifically for you.
One of the most frustrating things about dieting is hitting weight loss plateaus. That's why Macros Made Easy also comes along with a spreadsheet to hold you accountable, and track your progress. The spreadsheet will also alert you when you need to make adjustments to your diet so you can continue losing weight, and avoid those annoying plateaus.
I started tracking my macronutrients (protein, carbohydrate, and fat intake) over 6 years ago - and I've lost over 70lbs because of it! Not only have I lost the weight, I've kept it off too. Plus, I didn't eliminate any foods from my diet to do it- and neither will you!
If you're ready to start your weight loss journey today, you can pick-up a downloadable copy of Macros Made Easy here!
The protein powder isn't in the ingredients list. How much do you need for this recipe?
The Diet Chef says
Agh, great catch! It's just 1 Scoop (30g)
The Diet Chef says
BTW, I must have been drunk when I typed the ingredients - you'll also need 1/2 tsp baking powder. Ughh - cheers to a tasty mug cake!
The key is just slightly undercooking this. But once I figured out the correct length of time to micro it for it always comes out perfect. Amazing for how few carbs there are.