I'm back with another overnight oats recipe!
This time I'm showing you how to make Birthday Cake Batter Overnight Oatmeal. And, uhhh, by the way, these overnight oats seriously taste like cake batter.
What's awesome about this recipe - besides the fact that it's just a super easy and healthy breakfast idea - is each jar is only about 250 calories! Which means it's a great recipe for weight loss too.
Plus, these overnight oats have 20 grams of protein in them. And protein is great for a number of reasons, but one of it's best benefits is the satiating effects it has. Basically it helps keep you feeling full so you don't overeat.
So, whether you're looking for macro-friendly breakfast recipes, or breakfast recipes for Weight Watchers, this is one you won't want to miss.
THINGS I USED TO MAKE THESE OATS:
- This Sealable Jar to help thicken up the oats
- These Chia Seeds to help thicken the recipe up as well
- This Calorie-Free Maple Syrup to keep the calories and carbs lower
- Protein Powder to give these overnight oats a bit more protein
- A Food Scale to measure out all my ingredients
- This Almond Milk to reduce the carbs and calories
- This Sugar Substitute to sweeten up the recipe
- These Sprinkles ... because Birthday Cake
Overnight Oats Recipe - Birthday Cake Batter
An easy and healthy Birthday Cake Batter Overnight Oats Recipe! Each serving of these overnight oats in a jar only has about 250 calories which makes it a great recipe for weight loss. So if you're looking for Weight Watchers recipes for breakfast, or just macro friendly breakfast recipes, you'll want to give this a try.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 5 mins
- Yield: 1 Jar
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- ½ Cup (40g) old fashioned oats
- 1 Tbsp (5g) Chia seeds
- ½ Tbsp (6-8g) sugar substitue
- 1 Tbsp (12g) of low sugar/calorie free maple syrup
- ½ Cup (55g) low fat / fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp (12g) vanilla whey protein powder
- ½ Cup vanilla unsweetened almond milk
- ½ Tbsp Sprinkles
- Add all of the ingredients - except the sprinkles to a medium sized bowl - and mix until combined
- Pour into a sealable jar and refrigerate 6-8 hours
DO NOT ADD SPRINKLES UNTIL THE NEXT DAY!
- Serving Size: 1 Jar
- Calories: 297
- Fat: 6
- Carbohydrates: 42
- Fiber: 7
- Protein: 20
Do you need help losing weight, but don't know where to begin?
My e-book Macros Made Easy can help!
The book is a detailed weight loss guide that shows you step-by-step how to build a weight loss plan specifically for you.
One of the most frustrating things about dieting is hitting weight loss plateaus. That's why Macros Made Easy also comes along with a spreadsheet to hold you accountable, and track your progress. The spreadsheet will also alert you when you need to make adjustments to your diet so you can continue losing weight, and avoid those annoying plateaus.
I started tracking my macronutrients (protein, carbohydrate, and fat intake) over 6 years ago - and I've lost over 70lbs because of it! Not only have I lost the weight, I've kept it off too. Plus, I didn't eliminate any foods from my diet to do it- and neither will you!
If you're ready to start your weight loss journey today, you can pick-up a downloadable copy of Macros Made Easy here!