Cloud Bread - The Best Carb Free Bread Substitute
Cloud Bread is easily one of the best bread substitute recipes you can make! And learning how to make cloud bread is actually super simple.
If you're following a low carb, or ketogenic diet, you'll love it because it has zero carbs.
Yep, that's right this is a carb free cloud bread recipe!
I especially think it shines as the bread substitute for savory sandwiches like BLT's, or turkey clubs.
How To Make Cloud Bread
Making Cloud Bread Is A Delicate Process
Now, even-though making cloud bread is easy, it is a delicate process. You can easily screw cloud bread up, and I certainly have in the past. However, if you follow my tips in today's cloud bread recipe, you're guaranteed to have delicious results!
The MAJOR KEY is not over-mixing the egg yolks and egg whites when you combine them.
Cloud bread is actually an egg based bread, and the recipe calls for whipping egg whites up with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form. The whipping process creates a thick airy consistency to the egg whites, and maintaining this consistency throughout the recipe is the key to a successful batch!
My Cloud Bread Grocery List
- First and foremost, make sure you have a hand mixer like this one, because you'll need it to whip the egg whites.
- Cream of tartar is an essential component to getting stiff peaks to form with your egg whites, so you'll definitely need some of that.
- You'll also need a large bowl like this one to mix all of your ingredients in.
- This cloud bread recipe makes 10 pieces, so make sure you have atleast 2 baking sheets because you'll need to bake both sheets at the same time.
- By the way, make sure you have parchment paper, and cover it in baking spray, so the cloud bread doesn't stick.
Full Cloud Bread Recipe:Print
Cloud Bread Recipe
CARB FREE Cloud Bread Recipe! This easy to make keto cloud bread recipe is the perfect zero carb bread alternative! Plus, it's GREAT FOR WEIGHT WATCHERS too since each slice of it only has 42 calories. Also, this particular cloud bread recipe has a tiny hint of garlic to it, so it's BEST used as the bread for savory sandwiches like BLT's, and breakfast sandwiches.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 10 Slices 1x
- Category: Low Carb
- Cuisine: American
- 4 Large eggs
- 2 oz (56g) Room temp. low-fat creamcheese
- 1 Tsp Italian seasoning
- ⅛ Tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp - ¼tsp salt
- ½ Tsp cream of tartar
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites
- Add the yolks to a large bowl, along with all of the ingredients listed above, except for the cream of tartar
- Use a hand mixer to combine all of those ingredients into one another and set aside
- In another large bowl add the egg whites and cream of tartar and beat until super thick peaks develop in the bowl
- Once they do GENTLY add the whites mixture in with the yolks
- Try to keep as much "fluffiness" to the whites as you can while doing this
- Once combined, add to large spoonfuls -per slice of cloud bread - to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (the recipe makes 10 pieces, so you'll need two trays)
- Bake the trays at 300 Degrees for about 30 minutes
- Let the cloud bread cool completely in the tray
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 42
- Fat: 2.8
- Carbohydrates: .4
- Protein: 2.8
More Low Carb Deliciousness:
Following a low a low carb diet?
Give this low carb/keto friendly mug brownie recipe a try!