Um, so, yeah, I have a confession. I actually prefer black bean dip over salsa when it comes to dipping my chips.
Is that weird?
Don’t get me wrong, I do love my salsa, but that love affair is on like eggs, and as a condiment for ground turkey, and as a partner in crime with tacos.
So, obviously I was excited about making this dip for you guys (I mean for myself too of course). This black bean dip has this great bean-y, garlic-y, cumin-y flavor profile that I’m just crazy about. However, if you’re not a huge fan of garlic and/or cumin, I’d probably go a little lighter on these two ingredients with this one.
I was also a bit more excited than usual for this recipe, because I even got to bust out my new Black and Decker food processor for it. If you don’t have a food processor, or you need a new one, this one is only $30 and I highly recommend it.
If you try making this black bean dip, don’t forget to snap a pic and tag it #thedietchef on Instagram!
And of course, you can always watch this recipe, and many many more on The Diet Chef YouTube Channel!
Macros (per 115g serving):
144 Calories, 1g Fat, 30g Carbs (9g fiber), 10g Protein
4 Weight Watchers SmartPoints
- 3 small cloves of garlic (6g)
- 2 chopped jalapenos (30g) - seeds removed
- ¼ Cup (10g) cilantro
- 2 (15.5oz | 439g) Cans of black beans (drained)
- ½ Lime juiced (15ml)
- 1½ Tsp cumin
- 1 Tsp garlic powder
- ½ Tsp chili powder
- ½ Tsp oregano
- ¼ Tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) water
- Add garlic, jalapeños, and cilantro to the food processor and process
- Now add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor and blend until a smooth black bean consistency starts to form (you may need to scrape down the sides of your processor to incorporate all the ingredients)
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days