If you’ve been looking for healthy breakfast ideas and recipes your search may have just ended.
Yep, this healthy breakfast cake recipe might just be the only breakfast recipe you’ll need.
And I’m not just saying that to say it. I’ve actually eaten this cake almost every day for the past 2 weeks – sometimes I eat the entire cake at breakfast alone!
However, the whole cake has just over 700 calories, which actually is pretty amazing when you think about it. This cake recipe makes 8 equal size slices, so each slice is only about 90 calories.
I haven’t even gotten to the best part yet.
This breakfast cake is not only healthy, but it has perfect breakfast cake consistency. You know, the slightly more dense chewy consistency you’d find in most coffee cakes. Yep, that’s this cake.
Plus, it has all the flavor you’d expect from an “unhealthy” cake. Which is probably the exact reason why I’ve been making this so much lately.
Healthy Breakfast Cake Pro-Tips:
- Use a high-quality whey protein – this is the one I like and use
- You can definitely sub out the Banana Cream whey protein for vanilla and your results will still be delicious
- Use a food scale when you make your cake – it will just help ensure you have the same results I have
- If you’re trying to keep the carbs as low as possible on the cake I recommend using this calorie free maple syrup – Yes, it really is calorie free AND it tastes great too!
- Make sure you use unsweetened applesauce – the sweetened kind has more carbs and calories
- Make sure you use 2 whole eggs in your cake – this cake is already super low on calories, don’t try and substitute the eggs for more betters.
- Try not to eat the entire cake at once – just before writing this post I actually did just that, so try your best
- Definitely eat with coffee
If you make this healthy breakfast cake recipe, I’d love to see it so tag me on Instagram @thejoeduff!
How To Make Healthy Breakfast Cake:
- ¼ Cup (60g) coconut flour
- 1½ Scoops (45g) whey protein powder
- 2 Tsps cinnamon
- 1½ Tsps baking powder
- 2 Eggs
- 4 Egg whites (140g)
- 1 Cup (250g) unsweetened applesauce
- 3 Tbsps (45g) low calorie/calorie free maple syrup
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix until well combined
- Transfer to a 9 inch cake pan and bake at 350 Degrees | 177 Celsius for about 30 minutes
- Let cool and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling
- Cut into 8 even slices and enoy
Do you need help losing weight?!
My e-book Macros Made Easy can help!
The book is a detailed weight loss guide that shows you step-by-step how to build a weight loss plan specifically for you.
One of the most frustrating things about dieting is hitting weight loss plateaus. That’s why Macros Made Easy also comes along with a spreadsheet to hold you accountable, and track your progress. The spreadsheet will also alert you when you need to make adjustments to your diet so you can continue losing weight, and avoid those annoying plateaus.
I started tracking my macronutrients (protein, carbohydrate, and fat intake) over 6 years ago – and I’ve lost over 70lbs because of it! Not only have I lost the weight, I’ve kept it off too. Plus, I didn’t eliminate any foods from my diet to do it- and neither will you!
If you’re ready to start your weight loss journey today, you can pick-up a downloadable copy of Macros Made Easy here!