Jalapeno popper dip has just been healthified!
Not only are the macros fantastic on this dip, but the flavor is all there too. I mean, just checkout that photo for a second…Do you see the cheesy stringiness?! Yep, even though this jalapeno popper dip is light on the fat, it’s still got that full-fat cheesy stinginess (and who doesn’t love that). Did I mention the chunky charred jalapeno bites of deliciousness you’ll find all throughout this dip too? I didn’t think so. Well, it’s there, and as far as I’m concerned, this dip has the perfect combination of jalapenos, cheese, and breadcrumbs.
Now, for this recipe you’ll obviously need to roast some fresh jalapenos. So, if you’ve never done this before, don’t worry, this how-to guide will walk you through it.
On to the breadcrumbs…
A couple of weeks ago I showed you guys how to make your own healthy breadcrumbs. Well, today we’re going to need those for this recipe. So if you missed that post you can learn how to make them here.
Of course as always, if you make this jalapeno popper dip, don’t forget to snap a pic and tag it #thedietchef on Instagram.
And of course, you can always watch this recipe, and many many more on The Diet Chef YouTube Channel.
Macros per serving (116g): 174 Calories, 5.5g Fat, 13g Carbs (1g fiber), 18.5g Protein
4 Weight Watchers SmartPoints
- 1 Cup (250g) fat-free sour cream
- 8 oz (224g) fat-free cream cheese - softened at room temp
- 7 Roasted and diced jalapeños (80g)
- 2 Cups (224g) fat-free cheddar cheese
- ½ Cup (50g) low-fat shredded parmesan
- ½ Cup (55g) homemade breadcrumbs
- ¼ Cup (25g) low-fat shredded parmesan
- 1½ Tbsp (22ml) extra virgin olive oil
- Add the sour cream and cream cheese to a large bowl - mix and combine
- Add the rest of the ingredients (not including the topping) to the bowl and combine until smooth
- Pour you dip into an 8x8 casserole dish and set aside
- Mix all topping ingredients in a small bowl
- Cover the dip with the topping evenly
- Bake at 350 Degrees or 177 Celsius for 20-25 minutes (until bubbly on the edges).