As I've told you guys in countless blog posts - I'm currently dieting for my wedding. It's actually less than 3 weeks away now, I can't believe it. Well, throughout the diet, this Healthy Low Calorie Fried Rice recipe has been one of my go-to meals. It's just so easy to make - 10 minutes easy - and it tastes damn good too!
I'm actually surprised it's taken me this long to actually make this recipe into a blog post/YouTube video. Seriously, I've been making (and making) this fried rice since March. Well, it's August now, and I'm still just as obsessed with this dish as I was 5 months ago.
One of the best things about this recipe, is how much fried rice you can eat, for such a small amount of calories (in the dieting world this is called "volume"). And when you're dieting, you love meals like this. Meals that you can eat, and eat, and eat, without a lot of calories are godsends. They're a dieters best friend - trust me I know!
Another reason I'm so crazy about this recipe, is the fact that you really have no idea it's "healthy". Really, it tastes just like any other fried rice I've had from a Chinese restaurant. In fact, it might even taste better - thank you sesame oil! Not all Chinese restaurants add sesame oil to their fried rice, but let me tell you, it's a game changer. If you don't have sesame oil, I implore you to go out and buy some. Your Chinese food world will be forever changed.
Anyways, if you've been needing to get your Chinese food fix, but have been dieting like me, this Fried Rice recipe just might be your answer.
Easy and Healthy Fried Rice Recipe
Easy and Healthy Fried Rice Recipe! This clean eating vegetarian egg fried rice recipe is so easy to make, and it's low in calories so it's a perfect Weight Watchers too.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 4 Cups 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Chinese
- 1 ½ Cups (170g) Peppers and Onions mix
- 1 ½ Cups (170g) Asian Stir-Fry Mix (look for one with 6g of carbs - per ¾ cup or 85g -)
- 1 Package of BirdsEye Brown and Wild Rice Broccoli and Carrots Mix (Can also sub 2-3 cups of cooked rice for 1 ⅔ cup (320g) of cooked brown rice)
- 3 Egg whites or (105g) of egg substitute
- ½ Tbsp (5g) of sesame oil
- 2 Tbsps (30mL) of soy sauce
- 4 Tbsp (12g) chopped green onions - one Tbsp for each serving
- Coat a large pan with non-stick cooking oil
- Add all of your vegetables and cook until browned
- While the vegetables are cooking prepare your rice
- Once the rice is ready and your veggies are browned add the rice in with the vegetables and combine
- When your rice and vegetables are mixed well add in your egg whites/substitute
- Continue cooking and working the fried rice around until the egg has cooked completely
- Add the fried rice to a large bowl and top with oil + soy sauce
- Give the rice a thorough mixing to ensure it's evenly coated in sauce
- When the rice is ready to serve top with green onions
- Serving Size: 1 Cup (200g)
- Calories: 135
- Fat: 1.5
- Carbohydrates: 21
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 7