This healthy Meatball Burrito recipe is for all you meatball sub fans out there.
Meatball subs are easily one of the highest calorie, macro-UNfriendly subs in existence. Usually, they contain an astronomical amount of fat, a good amount of carbs, and not much protein. However, these Meatball Burrito’s
These Meatball Burritos aren’t like they’re sub counterparts though.
These Meatball Burritos have a modest amount of fat, a manageable amount of carbs, and a generous amount of protein – 40g per burrito to be exact.
Healthy, quick, and easy lunch recipes are one of my most requested recipes. And I have to say, this recipe fits that description to a T. Not only does it take less than 10 minutes to make this burrito, but it’s loaded with some serious flavor. Plus, it’s practically fail-proof – which is always a plus in my book.
So if you’re looking to step-up your lunch game, look no further, this Meatball Burrito is the answer.
Oh, and if you’re looking to take breakfast to a whole nother level (burrito style of course) checkout this Breakfast Burrito Recipe I did a couple weeks back.
- 1 Low calorie wrap (I like Joseph's Lavash Bread)
- 100g of extra lean ground beef (96/4)
- 110g (1/2 cup) of a low calorie tomato sauce
- 40g (1/4 cup) shredded lettuce
- Crushed red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to taste
- Optional - fresh basil
- Add all ingredients to your low calorie wrap and roll into a burrito.