I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, dieting makes you crave some unusual things.
Lately, those cravings have been Breakfast Burritos. Honestly, I’m not really a Breakfast Burrito type of guy, but these days I can’t get enough of them. In fact, for me, these are any-time-of-day burritos. Yes, burritos plural, I seem to never make just one.
There are 2 main reasons why I’ve been making these Healthy Low Calorie Breakfast Burritos so often. Number one, they’re easy to make. And as you guys know, I like easy. You actually only need 4 ingredients to make one for yourself…
A low calorie wrap (Around 90 calories – I think this one is the best)
Low-fat bacon (around 2g fat per slice)
Low-fat chicken breakfast sausage (around 1g fat per link)
and some egg beater or egg whites
Reason number two – the macros are on point. Each burrito has less than 300 calories, and a very manageable amount of fat and carbs for just about anyone’s dieting goals. Seriously, every time I bite into one of these things, it boggles my mind how indulgent they are with so few calories.
So if you’ve been hankering for something savory, especially when it comes to breakfast, but you still want to stay on your diet, these burritos might be your answer.
- 1 Joseph's Wrap (or a similar 90 calorie per wrap)
- 3-4 Egg whites (125g egg substitute)
- 1½ Breakfast chicken sausage links (should be around 1g of fat | 30 calories each)
- 2 Strips of low fat bacon (should be around 2g fat per)
- In a skillet cook bacon and sausage thoroughly
- In a separate pan scramble your eggs
- Once sausage and bacon are cooked completely cut them into small pieces
- Add your eggs to your wrap and top them with the bacon and sausage
- Starting from the bottom of the wrap - roll your burrito up tightly