Some of you may be thinking, peanut butter and pumpkin?...Together? Really?!
Well I had my doubts too, so you're not the only one. I really didn't know what to expect when I concocted this healthy peanut butter pumpkin bread recipe in my head. Honestly, my first attempt wasn't a success. I made two notes in my recipe book for my next attempt...more peanut butter and more sugar.
Thankfully, attempt number two was a home run! It's also when I got the idea to use this insanely delicious Greek yogurt drizzle as a topping.
The second batch of pumpkin bread just had the perfect balance of peanut butter, sweetness, and spiciness. It's truly everything I wanted it to be.
If you love peanut butter like me, then you'll love this!
If you make this healthy peanut butter pumpkin bread, don't forget to snap a pic and tag it #thedietchef
And of course, you can always check out this recipe, and many many more on The Diet Chef YouTube channel!
Macros (per loaf):
227 Calories, 4.5g Fat, 24g Carbs (6.5g fiber), 25g Protein
6 Weight Watcher PointsPlus
Healthy Peanut Butter Pumpkin Bread
Healthy peanut butter pumpkin bread!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4 Pumpkin Loafs
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert, Snack
- Cuisine: American
- ⅔ Cup (60g) oat flour
- ⅔ Cup (60g) powdered peanut butter
- ½ Cup (60g) Isopures vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 ½ Tbsp (18g) sugar subsitute
- 1 Tsp of Pumpkin pie spice
- ½ Tsp Baking powder
- 1 Cup (244g) pure pumpkin
- 1 Whole egg and 2 egg whites
- 4 Tbsp (60mL) low calorie pancake syrup (I used Walden Farms)
- 1 Tsp of vanilla extract
- *Greek yogurt drizzle is just Greek yogurt and sugar substitute to taste
- In a small bowl combine all the wet ingredients
- In a medium sized bowl combine all the dry ingredients
- Pour you wet ingredients into the dry and mix until a thick batter forms
- Spray a mini loaf tray with non stick cooking spray
- Pour evenly into 4 mini loaf molds
- Bake at 375 Degrees | 190 Celsius for 15-20 minutes
6 Weight Watchers PointsPlus
- Serving Size: 1 Mini Loafs
- Calories: 227
- Fat: 4.5
- Carbohydrates: 24
- Fiber: 6.5
- Protein: 25