This was my first crack at making healthy donuts.
And it was a success.
A very, very big, success!
I figured it only made sense to do healthy pumpkin spice donuts since were smack dab in the heart of fall right now. Plus, I'm a sucker for pretty much all things pumpkin.
These donuts are...
Sweet, with a hint of spice
& Highly addicting
If there is one recipe of mine that you make this month, I highly encourage you to make this one! And if you take me up on that, and try these healthy pumpkin spice donuts for yourself, don't forget to snap a pic and tag it #thedietchef. As always, you can check out this recipe, and many many more on The Diet Chef YouTube channel!
Macros (per donut):
211 Calories, 7.3g Fat, 23.5g Carbs (2.5g fiber), 12.5g Protein
5 Weight Watchers PointsPlus
Healthy Pumpkin Spice Donuts
Healthy pumpkin spice protein donuts!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins
- Total Time: 23 mins
- Yield: 6 Donuts
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: American
- Heaping ½ cup (150g) of pure pumpkin
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 Tbsp (28g) melted coconut oil
- ¾ Cup (90g) oat flour
- ½ Cup (60g) of Isopures vanilla whey protein powder
- ¼ Cup (50g) sugar substitute
- 1 ½ Tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ Tsp baking soda
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ Tbsp (18g) sugar substitute
- ¾ Tsp ground cinnamon
- In a medium sized bowl add all wet ingredients
- Mix until combined
- In a separate medium sized bowl add dry ingredients except cinnamon and sugar substitute
- Mix thoroughly
- Pour wet into dry and combine until batter forms
- Coat a doughnut tray with non-stick baking spray
- Add an equal amount of batter to each donut mould (6 molds)
- Bake at 325 degrees | 162 Celsius for 8-10 minutes
- While doughnuts are baking get together cinnamon sugar topping
- In a plastic bag add ¾ teaspoon cinnamon & 1 ½ tablespoon (18g) of sugar substitute
- Shake the bag until combined
- When doughnuts are done baking lightly spray them with cooking spray and coat them in the cinnamon sugar mixture
- Serve warm
5 Weight Watcher PointsPlus
- Serving Size: 1 Donut
- Calories: 211
- Fat: 7.3
- Carbohydrates: 23.5
- Fiber: 2.5
- Protein: 12.5
Leave a Reply