This has kind of been my go-to tuna salad recipe lately. It's also a great side dish to brink to a summer-time cookout.
Lets talk about the flavors...
Sweetness - from the apple
Bite - from the red onion
Creaminess - from the greek yogurt and mayo
And at the very end you get the aromatic flavors of dill...YUMMY!
Gah, just writing about it makes me want to make some.
Macronutrients (for the entire salad):
270 Calories, 2g Fat, 17g Carbs (3g fiber), 40g protein
Refreshing Tuna Fish Salad (Low Fat)
Refreshing low fat summertime tuna salad recipe
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 1 Large Tuna Salad
- Category: Lunch
- Cuisine: American
- 1 (5oz) Can drained and rinsed tuna fish
- 1-2 Chopped celery stalks (80g)
- Diced quarter of an apple (50g)
- Diced quarter of a red onion (30g)
- ¼ Cup (55g) plain non-fat greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp (15g) low-fat mayo
- ¼ tsp garlic salt, salt, and pepper
- ⅛ tsp dill
- Splash of lemon juice
- Couple of freshly chopped parsley leaves
- Pinch (½ tsp) 2g sugar substitute
- In a medium sized bowl add all your ingredients and mix well
6 Weight Watcher PointsPlus
- Serving Size: 1 Large Tuna Salad
- Calories: 270
- Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 17
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 40
Do you need help losing weight, but don't know where to begin?
My e-book Macros Made Easy can help!
The book is a detailed weight loss guide that shows you step-by-step how to build a weight loss plan specifically for you.
One of the most frustrating things about dieting is hitting weight loss plateaus. That's why Macros Made Easy also comes along with a spreadsheet to hold you accountable, and track your progress. The spreadsheet will also alert you when you need to make adjustments to your diet so you can continue losing weight, and avoid those annoying plateaus.
I started tracking my macronutrients (protein, carbohydrate, and fat intake) over 6 years ago - and I've lost over 70lbs because of it! Not only have I lost the weight, I've kept it off too. Plus, I didn't eliminate any foods from my diet to do it- and neither will you!
If you're ready to start your weight loss journey today, you can pick-up a downloadable copy of Macros Made Easy here!