Mug cake lovers rejoice!
That’s right, today we’re making another healthy low carb mug cake in the microwave. And when I say low carb, I mean it. This vanilla mug cake has only 3g of net carbs – and this recipe makes a lot of cake.
So where did this recipe come from you ask?
Well, this Vanilla Cake recipe was definitely inspired by this low carb Chocolate Mug Cake we did just a couple weeks back. However, I realize that not everyone loves chocolate – how is that even possible? – so I thought I’d make a vanilla alternative too.
As far as the recipe goes, it’s almost identical to the chocolate cake – and that’s a major win because making a chocolate cake doesn’t get much faster or easier than that! Literally, both of these mug cakes are can be made and cooked in under 5 minutes. Also, just like its counter part this vanilla mug cake is gluten free and flourless – just in case you care about that sort of thing.
Now lets talk about some mug cake pro-tips just to make sure your results go as deliciously as possible.
Vanilla Mug Cake Pro-Tips:
- Under cook your cake just slightly – the middle should still be gooey
- Use a big enough mug – this is the one I like
- Use a tasty protein powder – I like this one and my cake was fantastic
- Make sure you find a liquid sweetener you like – this one is my favorite, but this one works too
- Under cook your cake – this is not a typo
You can easily end up with a dry cake if you don’t follow tips #1&5. And I want you to end up with a delicious cake, not a dry cake, so above all else follow tip #1.
- 1 Scoop (30g) vanilla whey protein
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 Tsp (10g) liquid sweetener - you may need less if you have a sweeter protein powder
- 1½ Tbsp (15g) coconut flour
- ½ Tsp baking powder
- Add all ingredients to a large mug (I used a 16oz souffle dish)
- Mix until ingredients are combined and smooth
- Microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute - times will vary depending on microwave power
Do you need help losing weight, but don’t know where to begin?
My e-book Macros Made Easy can help!
The book is a detailed weight loss guide that shows you step-by-step how to build a weight loss plan specifically for you.
One of the most frustrating things about dieting is hitting weight loss plateaus. That’s why Macros Made Easy also comes along with a spreadsheet to hold you accountable, and track your progress. The spreadsheet will also alert you when you need to make adjustments to your diet so you can continue losing weight, and avoid those annoying plateaus.
I started tracking my macronutrients (protein, carbohydrate, and fat intake) over 6 years ago – and I’ve lost over 70lbs because of it! Not only have I lost the weight, I’ve kept it off too. Plus, I didn’t eliminate any foods from my diet to do it- and neither will you!
If you’re ready to start your weight loss journey today, you can pick-up a downloadable copy of Macros Made Easy here!