I was recently having a discussion with Alyssa about cookies. It went something like this...
Me: I don't think there's ANYONE in the ENTIRE who doesn't like cookies.
Alyssa: There has to be somebody in the world who doesn't like cookies.
Me: Have you ever met someone who didn't like some type of cookie?!
Alyssa: Well, no, but I don't just go around asking everyone I meet if they like cookies.
Me: That's because everyone likes cookies, so there's no need to ask.
Now, this debate went on for another 5 minutes, but you get the point. Since our discussion I've asked several people their opinion on the matter. I won't tell her this, but every person I've asked has agreed with me.
Ok, so back to these healthy sugar cookies!
My favorite thing about this recipe is that it's actually dairy free. So, to all my fellow lactose intolerant peeps out there, I got ya covered. Beyond that though, these sugar cookies are unbelievably easy to make and highly addicting. I ate the whole batch - try not to do this unless you have plenty of macros left for the day. I mean, you can easily get lost indulging in these because they're only 69 calories per cookie. Trust me, you take a bite of that first one, and the next thing you know, the palate's empty and you're eating cookie 14. Whooops!
Macros Per Cookie (recipe makes appx. 14):
69 Calories, 2.5g Fat, 6g Carbs (2g fiber), 2g protein
Healthy Sugar Cookies
Healthy sugar cookies
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 14 Cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1 Whole egg
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- ½ Tsp butter extract
- 1 ⅓ Cups (160g) white whole wheat flour
- ⅛th Cup (30g) sugar substitute
- ¾ Tsp corn starch
- ¼ Tsp baking powder
- ¼ Tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp (28g) solid coconut oil
- In a small bowl mix wet ingredients until well combined and set aside
- In a medium bowl combine all ingredients (make sure coconut oil incorporates thoroughly)
- Now pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until crumbly
- Once crumbly use your hands to form a ball of dough
- Set the ball of dough between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and roll out the dough with a rolling pin until it's about a ¼ inch thick
- Now take a cookie cutter and cut out as many cookies as possible
- Re-roll any extra dough and make more cookies
- Bake at 350 Degrees | 177 Celsius for about 10 minutes (until just golden brown)
3 Weight Watchers SmartPoints
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 69 Calories
- Fat: 2.5
- Carbohydrates: 6
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 2