This blueberry overnight oats recipe is the perfect breakfast for when you are in the mood for something delicious and healthy. Made with refreshing blueberries, hearty oats, and nutrient-dense chia seeds, this simple breakfast gives you that subtly sweet flavor you crave without all of the sugar!
Table of Contents
Why You'll Love This Blueberry Overnight Oats Recipe
It's a healthy, wholesome breakfast. These overnight oats are my go-to for when I am in the mood for a healthy breakfast that's packed with nutrients. Not only is this recipe low calorie and sugar free, but the blueberries and chia seeds are loaded with antioxidants with tons of nutritional benefits.
It's effortless to make. One of my favorite things about this healthy blueberry overnight oats recipe is that there is no cooking or reheating required. Simply combine the ingredients in a bowl, and the next morning, you'll have a delicious, healthy breakfast ready to enjoy.
There are endless flavor combinations, so you can truly make this recipe your own simply by adding whatever toppings you have in the fridge. I personally like to top my overnight oats with shredded coconut, fresh berries, and almond butter.
You can prepare these overnight oats well in advance, making it the ideal breakfast recipe for meal planning. Whip up a few jars at the same time, and you'll have breakfast for the week!
Ingredients For Overnight Oats with Blueberries
- Oats- old fashioned oats are ideal.
- Chia seeds - the ultimate superfood packed with fiber and other health benefits.
- Unsweetened almond milk - a great dairy-free option to soak up the oats.
- Vanilla extract - for a rich vanilla flavor.
- Almond extract - for some nutty sweetness.
- Blueberries - fresh are best, but frozen blueberries work great too.
- Sweetener - as desired from your preferred brand.
How to Make Blueberry Overnight Oats
1. Combine your wet ingredients. In a large bowl, add the almond milk, vanilla extract, and almond extract and mix everything together.
2. Add the dry ingredients. Fold in your oats and chia seeds. You'll want to stir well to make sure the oats are nice and evenly combined with the milk.
3. Refrigerate overnight. Cover the bowl with a lid or tightly with foil, and allow the oat mixture to soak overnight. In the morning, remove the lid and stir up the oats before serving with more fresh blueberries on top. Enjoy!
Blueberry Overnight Oats Recipe Variations
- If you are looking to incorporate some extra protein into your breakfast, you can simply opt for a high protein milk or add a low calorie protein powder to your oat mixture.
- For a creamier texture, try adding Greek yogurt or your choice of nut butter to the overnight oats before letting them soak in the fridge overnight.
- When choosing a sweetener to add to your overnight oats, opt for something low in sugar, like sugar free maple syrup, stevia, or liquid allulose.
In the fridge: These blueberry overnight oats can be refrigerated for up to 5 days in an airtight container. I recommend storing the blueberries separately to ensure they are nice and fresh when you are ready to enjoy your oats again. Then just give it all a stir and dig in!
In the freezer: If you have a larger batch that you would like to store for a longer period of time, simply place the overnight oats in a freezer-safe container and freeze them for up to 3 months. Just be sure to allow the oats to defrost overnight before stirring and serving.
More Overnight Oats Recipes
- Overnight oats for weight loss
- Peanut butter overnight oats
- Pumpkin overnight oats
- Keto overnight oats
- Protein overnight oats
- 1 ¼ cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 ½ tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- Desired sweetener, to taste, optional
- Add the almond milk, vanilla, and almond extract into the bowl.
- Add oats and chia seeds.
- Stir well to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, give it a good stir and serve in bowls.
- Top with fresh blueberries and serve.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: ½ cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 125Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 70mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 5gSugar: 0gProtein: 4g