These creamy, sweet, and healthy overnight oats are the best breakfast idea for your weight loss goals. They're incredibly easy to make and made in just a few minutes with simple ingredients. Prepare these weight loss overnight oats the night before and wake up to the most delicious and nutritious breakfast or midday snack!
Table of Contents
My Take On Healthy Overnight Oats
This easy overnight oats recipe is the ultimate weight loss breakfast. Packed with chewy oats, tender chia seeds, creamy yogurt, and a hint of sweet maple syrup flavor, it's delicious!
This is one of my favorite simple treats to make when I'm trying to lose weight. You'd never guess it's healthy and low in calories since it literally tastes like a dessert.
Plus, if you've ever made overnight oats before, then you know how effortless and easy they are to prepare, and this recipe is no different! These weight loss overnight oats are ready in as fast as 5 minutes, and the rest is just letting it chill in the fridge.
I've been loving this for a light morning meal or a filling snack and always have a few stocked in the fridge. And once you try this recipe for yourself, I have a good feeling you'll love them too! If you want to change up your weight loss breakfast, try this green smoothie for weight loss as well.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
It's effortless. Making this recipe is as simple as mixing all the ingredients in a jar and storing them in the fridge. It's low-effort and takes just minutes to prepare with fantastic results!
Great for meal prep or groups. You can easily whip up a whole week's worth of these healthy overnight oats for five days of quick and convenient breakfasts or make a big batch to serve to the whole family. My daughter loves these oats, and they're so healthy it's a breakfast I feel good about giving her.
Customizable. You can tweak this recipe in so many different ways with your favorite flavorings, mix-ins, and toppings. It's perfect if you like to have a lot of variety in your meals or are making it for picky eaters.
- Almond milk- For the liquid that makes the oats so delicious. I like to use unsweetened vanilla.
- Rolled oats- my favorite kind is old fashioned rolled oats.
- Greek yogurt- I like to use Fage total 0 for extra protein.
- Chia seeds- for some fiber and other health benefits.
- Maple syrup- Use my sugar free maple syrup for no added sugar or calories!
- Fresh berries- optional for serving.
How To Make Overnight Oats For Weight Loss
1. Combine the ingredients: In a jar, stir the milk, dry rolled oats, greek yogurt, chia seeds, and maple syrup together until well combined.
2. Refrigerate overnight: Place the jar in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight for the best results.
3. Serve: The next morning, stir your overnight oats well before serving. If you want a thinner consistency, mix in a splash of milk. Eat overnight oats cold topped with fresh berries, and enjoy!
My Tips To Make The Best Recipe
- Drizzle on your favorite nut butter, like almond butter, or stir it into the overnight oat mixture for a dose of nutty flavor and healthy fats.
- Boost the protein content with a tablespoon or two of your favorite protein powder.
- Get creative with toppings and mix-ins. Try fresh fruit and nuts for the toppings, and stir in a bit of cinnamon, cocoa powder, or vanilla extract.
- Experiment with different low calorie yogurt and low calorie milk options for this recipe.
How I Recommend Storing This Recipe
In the fridge: Overnight oats will stay good in the fridge for up to 5 days. You can either make individual jars of overnight oats to enjoy throughout the week or prepare a big batch in a large jar to portion out later.
In the freezer: You can also store them in the freezer for up to 3 months, whether in individual jars or in a big batch in an airtight container. Prepare them in the fridge overnight first before freezing. Make sure to use freezer-safe containers and thaw the oats in the fridge before enjoying.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use other milk in this recipe?
Yes, you can make this recipe with any low calorie milk, like skim milk or any unsweetened non dairy milk.
Are overnight oats good for losing weight?
They're packed with fiber, protein, and healthy fats that can help promote healthy weight loss. With that said, not all overnight oats recipes are low in calories and made with healthy ingredients, so you'll want to choose a recipe like this one.
Is overnight oats low carb?
Oats are naturally high in carbs, so the basic overnight oats recipe isn't low-carb. However, there are plenty of delicious keto overnight oats recipes that mimic the taste and texture of overnight oats well with just a fraction of the carbs.
More Low Calorie Recipes To Try
- Low calorie bagels
- Low calorie mug cake
- Low calorie hot chocolate
- Low calorie cereal
- Low calorie pancakes
- Low calorie brownies
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- 3 tablespoon Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon sugar free maple syrup
- Fresh berries, to serve with
- Add almond milk, oats, Greek yogurt, chia, and maple syrup in a bowl or directly into a jar.
- Stir well and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, stir it well to combine. If the oats are too thick, add more milk.
- Serve topped with fresh berries.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 5 days or freezer for 3 months.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 jar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 164Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2.5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 80mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 9g