Keto Chocolate Lava Mug Cake
Seriously, THE BEST keto chocolate lava mug cake recipe in existence! This mug cake is incredibly easy to make, ridiculously low carb, and chok-full of rich chocolate decadence. Seriously, if you love chocolate, and you’re following the keto diet, you have to try this mug cake.
- Prep Time: 4
- Cook Time: 1
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 Mug Cake 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Keto
- Add all of the ingredients – except lava ingredients – to a medium-sized bowl, and combine them with a spatula.
- Coat an 8oz ramekin with baking spray, and add 2/3 of the batter to the ramekin.
- Microwave for around 20 seconds. Microwave times will vary, but 20 seconds was perfect for my 1100 Watt microwave….adjust accordingly.
- While the cake is microwaving add the Keto Chocolate Chips and Almond Milk to a small bowl and mix.
- Make sure the mug cake is cooked enough so that it can hold all of the keto chocolate chips without them sinking into it. When it is, add all of those chocolate chips to the center of the mug cake.
- Now pour the remaining 1/3 of the batter over the keto chocolate chips, and cook for another 20 seconds.
- You may need to add 5-10 seconds of cooktime if needed. When just the center of the cake looks “wet” the mug cake is done
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Add all of the ingredients – except the chocolate chips and almond milk – to a medium-sized bowl, and combine them with a spatula.
- Coat an 8oz ramekin with baking spray, and add ALL OF THE BATTER to the ramekin.
- Cook for 5-ish minutes
- While the cake is baking add the Keto Chocolate Chips and Almond Milk to a small bowl and mix.
- After about 5 minutes of cooking, add the chocolate chip/almond milk mix to the center of the mug cake.
- Press the chocolate chips into the center of the cake.
- Cook for another 7-ish minutes.
- Remove from the oven when just the middle of the cake is just ever so slightly “wet” looking
The Macros DO NOT include the “carbs” from Swerve. Swerve has 0 calories, so it should be tracked as 0 carbs. The FDA makes food companies list “sugar alcohols” as carbs, but that doesn’t mean they should be tracked as such. That’s why it’s ALWAYS important to look at the calories of sweeteners and determine the true carb count FROM THE CALORIES!
- Serving Size: 1 Mug Cake
- Calories: 389
- Sugar: 0
- Fat: 31
- Carbohydrates: 13
- Fiber: 10
- Protein: 13
Keywords: keto mug cake, keto chocolate mug cake, how to make a keto chocolate mug cake, low carb mug cake, mug cake keto, best keto chocolate mug cake, best keto mug cake, best keto mug cake recipe, keto mug cake recipe,