This homemade low calorie banana bread not only tastes absolutely delicious, but it's actually good for you! That's right. This healthy banana bread recipe has the sweet flavor and moist, fluffy texture you love about classic banana bread without the calories and sugar that typically come with it. Trust me, after one bite, you won't want to make this sweet treat any other way.
Table of Contents
Why You'll Love This Low Calorie Banana Bread Recipe
- This recipe is low calorie, and has less sugar, making it a great healthy option for you and your family.
- Whether you are serving this low calorie banana bread for breakfast, as a post-workout snack, or even as a dessert, you'll be reaching for a slice all day long. It's also super convenient to store, so I'm always packing it as a quick snack for when I'm on the go!
- I don't know many people who would turn down a warm slice of banana bread, and this recipe is no exception. Plus, the banana bread is so flavorful and delicious that they'll never guess it's healthy!
- This healthy banana bread recipe is made in just four simple steps with ingredients that can be readily found in your pantry. Not to mention, you only need one bowl to prepare everything in, so cleaning up just got that much easier.
Ingredients For Healthy Banana Bread
- Bananas - two very ripe bananas.
- Egg - just one will do.
- Egg white - to give the bread a more dense texture.
- Sugar free maple syrup - I use my famous keto maple syrup for the added sweetness.
- Vanilla extract - my favorite flavor enhancer.
- Cinnamon powder - a sweet complement to the vanilla and bananas.
- Salt - just a pinch.
- Oat flour - a great low-calorie alternative to all-purpose flour.
- Baking powder - for fluffiness.
- Milk - any kind for added gooeyness.
How To Make Low Calorie Banana Bread
1. Combine the wet ingredients
You'll first want to preheat your oven to 350°F. In a large mixing bowl, start by mashing your bananas until they are evenly mushed. Then, add the egg, egg white, low calorie syrup, vanilla, and cinnamon to the mashed bananas. Stir everything together to form a creamy mixture.
2. Make the Batter
Next, add the oat flour and baking powder to the banana mixture and carefully fold them into the wet ingredients until you have a smooth batter. Gradually incorporate your milk, stirring until the batter is nice and smooth. Gradually incorporate your milk, stirring until the batter is nice and smooth.
3. Transfer to prepared loaf pan
Once you have a smooth batter, line a loaf pan with parchment paper and pour the batter into the pan. Smooth out the top so the batter is spread out evenly in the pan.
4. Bake and cool
Place the loaf pan in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes. Once completed, I recommend inserting a toothpick into the center of the loaf, and if it comes out dry, then the bread is ready. Be sure to allow your banana bread to cool completely before slicing and serving.
- Use overripe bananas to guarantee the bread comes out extra moist and flavorful.
- Toss in some of your favorite mix-ins like dark chocolate chips or chopped walnuts.
- Make this recipe dairy free by using almond milk, oat milk, or another non-dairy milk.
- Check out these high protein milk options to give your banana bread an extra boost of protein.
- Swap ¼ cup of flour for your favorite protein powder to add even more protein.
- Add a spoonful of plain Greek yogurt to the banana mixture to make your bread extra rich and moist. You can use one of these sugar free yogurts to keep this banana bread healthy.
- Transform your bread into healthy banana muffins by evenly distributing your batter into a muffin pan instead of a loaf pan.
How To Store Healthy Banana Bread
You can store your leftover banana bread wrapped in plastic wrap and at room temperature for roughly 3 days. If you prefer to use the fridge, simply place your leftover slices in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
If you plan on making a few batches of this recipe, you'll want to store your loaves in the freezer once they have completely cooled. A good way to do this is to place the loaf in a freezer safe bag, and insert parchment paper in between individual slices if needed.
How To Reheat Banana Bread
The best way to reheat individual slices of this banana bread is in the microwave. Simply place your slices on a microwave safe plate and reheat in intervals of 10 seconds until it has reached your desire temperature. Alternatively, if you are looking to reheat a frozen loaf, allow the bread to defrost and place it on a lined baking tray. Then you can bake your bread at 325F for roughly 10 minutes or until your bread is warm.
More Low Calorie Recipes
- Low calorie blueberry muffins
- Low calorie pancakes
- Low calorie zucchini bread
- Low calorie bagels
- Low calorie cinnamon toast crunch cereal
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoon sugar free maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 ¾ cup oat flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mash the ripe bananas in a bowl.
- Add the egg, egg white, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and cinnamon to the bowl of bananas.
- Fold the flour and baking powder into the bowl of wet ingredients. Then, gradually add the milk and mix to combine.
- Once you have a smooth batter, transfer it into a parchment paper-lined loaf pan.
- Bake the bread for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the bread completely before removing it from the pan and slicing.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100Total Fat: 2gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 30mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 4g