The Best Keto Bread Recipe
Today, I'll show you how to make keto bread using almond flour.
This keto bread recipe is a game changer if you're following the keto diet. That's because every slice has less than 1g NET CARBS, and it tastes damn close to "normal" white bread.
There are a lot of different ways to make bread for the keto diet, but I think this is the best keto bread recipe I've made yet. A lot of times I think keto bread recipes ends up tasting too "eggy"... at-least for my taste anyways.
And even-though we'll be using quite a few eggs for today's almond flour keto bread, there isn't much of that "eggy" flavor to it. Really the only thing that brings out a little egg flavor is toasting it to be honest.
Also, low carb bread recipes - like cloud bread for instance - typically don't have the consistency of "normal" white bread.
You know the consistency I'm talking about...it's that soft, airy-yet-spongy center with a pull-apart crust.
And I love, love, love that consistency. It's why I crave bread.
Well, this almond flour keto bread has that!
Insert drool emoji here.
How To Make Keto Bread (Video)Print
Keto Bread Recipe | How To Make Keto Bread With Almond Flour
The BEST Keto bread recipe you'll ever try, and it's so easy to make! Each slice of this keto bread has less than 1 net carb, and it actually tastes like store bought white bread!
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Yield: 16 Slices 1x
- 1 ¼ Cups (125g) Almond Flour - This one has the lowest carbs I've found
- 1 Scoop (30g) Unflavored Whey Protein Powder ... or 15g Coconut Flour
- 1 Tbsp (12g) Confectioners Erythritol (0 Carb sweetener)
- 2 Tsps Baking Powder
- ¼ Tsp Cream of Tartar
- Pinch of salt
- 6 Tbsps (84g) Melted Butter
- 12 Egg whites
- 1 Egg Yolk
- Pre-heat your oven to 325 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add all of the dry ingredients - except the cream of tartar to a large bowl. *I highly encourage you to weigh them using a food scale like this one for the absolute best keto bread results!
- Whisk until well combined, and set the bowl aside.
- In another large bowl add 12 room temperature egg whites, and the cream of tartar
- Use a hand mixer and beat the eggs until stiff peaks form (watch the video for the correct consistency).
- Now add one of the yolks to the dry ingredient bowl, and the melted butter, and mix until combined, and incorporated.
- Add half of the whipped whites to the bowl, and fold gently with a spatular. DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Add in the other half of the whipped whites, and combine.
- Line a 8.5in by 4.5in bread pan with parchment paper, and coat it with baking spray (this is my favorite).
- Add the batter to the loaf pan, and work the batter from the sides to the middle of the loaf, so that it rises properly.
- Bake at 325 Degrees for 40 minutes, after that cover with tin foil, and continue cooking for another 50 minutes.
- Let the keto bread cool completely in the loaf pan - preferably overnight.
- Cut into 16 slices and enjoy!
- Store covered/sealed on the counter
I recommend toasting the keto bread in a pan on the stove top, instead of using a toaster/toaster oven. For whatever reason, it doesn't toast as well in them.
If you do toast the keto bread it will bring out a slight "eggy" taste to the bread that isn't there if it's not toast just FYI.
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 107
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 0
- Fat: 8.5
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 1.5
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 5.7
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: Keto bread, best keto bread, keto bread recipes, keto bread almond flour, almond flour keto bread, keto bread recipes, best keto bread recipes
Easily the best Keto Bread my wife and I have tried! Thanks for posting it on the website, so we can print it now!!
Just made this, and it makes fantastic grilled cheese! Definitely the best Keto bread I’ve made yet!
Susie L. says
If I could give more than 5 stars I would have. The BEST KETO BREAD that I have made. Perfect texture. Perfect Browning. I now know the importance of covering the bread midway. The crust was delicious. Thanks for sharing this bread recipe.
The third Keto bread recipe I have tried to date in the month and it’s the best. Loved it!
It’s neither too oily or too eggy. Texture is great. Thanks for the great recipe.
I’m going to try
Perfect keto bread. Thanks for sharing the recipe and all the tricks to make it the best. I use it to make French toast with no sugar syrup and it was fantastic ! Crust is super, texture is perfect.
DONNA LEONARDO says
I have missed bread! Will def be making this (or your 2 minute version occasionally) thanks so much for putting it out there
Any chance you can make your bread with a nut free flour still keeping it keto and tasting as good as this one. We have a child with severe nut allergy.
The Diet Chef says
You can try using sunflower seed flour.
I'm trying to keep this dairy free, how can I replace the butter in this recipe?
Great taste and texture! I noticed that it raised up nicely at first then it settled down a bit when it was done. Is it normal?