This ginger turmeric shot is my secret weapon for cold and flu season. It's a simple fresh juice made with fresh ginger, turmeric, lemon juice, and orange juice. It's loaded with health benefits and actually delicious to sip on!
Table of Contents
Why You'll Love This Recipe
It's packed with health benefits. This ginger turmeric shot has anti-inflammatory properties, is high in antioxidants, and is a huge immune system booster.
It tastes good. Yes, there's ginger and turmeric in this shot, but it blends together with the orange juice and lemon juice to make an enjoyable healthy juice. I honestly look forward to drinking it!
It's easy to make. You don't even need a juicer to make this shot! All you need is a blender and a sieve. Plus, it only takes 5 minutes to make!
- Fresh orange- Prepare it by having it peeled and roughly chopped.
- Lemon- make sure it's peeled and quartered.
- Turmeric- leave the peel on.
- Ginger- leave the peel on.
- Water- this is mostly to ensure the ingredients can be blended smoothly. But feel free to add more to bring the flavor to your liking.
How To Make Ginger Turmeric Shots
Step 1: Blend the ingredients. Add the peeled orange, lemon, ginger pieces, turmeric pieces, and water to a blender. Blend and pulse until everything is smooth and fully combined.
Step 2: Strain and serve. Pour the mixture through a mesh sieve into an airtight container to remove the pulp. Serve out a shot and enjoy!
Benefits of Each Ingredient
- Orange- Oranges are packed with vitamin C, which helps the immune system and may lower the risk of heart disease.
- Lemon- While lemon juice helps with the flavor of this wellness shot, it is also a great source of vitamin C. It is also said to prevent kidney stones and improve iron absorption.
- Turmeric- Turmeric is a natural antioxidant, has anti-inflammatory benefits, and helps with memory and brain function.
- Ginger- Ginger reduces nausea, might help lower cholesterol, and can help lower blood sugar levels.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I store this shot?
Yes, you can keep any leftover juice in the fridge for up to 3 days. It is best when consumed fresh, but it's also delicious when slightly chilled.
How many ounces does this recipe make?
This recipe makes about 8 oz, so you'll have about three 3 oz shots.
Can I use powdered turmeric?
Although fresh turmeric is best because it's more potent, you can use powdered turmeric. Use 1 ½ teaspoons of turmeric powder.
More Healthy Recipes
- Celery juice
- Healthy low calorie chocolate chip cookies
- Healthy Buffalo chicken dip
- Healthy low calorie mug cake
- Healthy PB&J
- 1 orange, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, peeled and quartered
- 2 tbsp. turmeric cut into pieces
- 2 tbsp. ginger cut into pieces
- ¼ cup water, as needed
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Strain the mixture into a glass jar or airtight container.
- Serve a shot immediately and store any leftover juice in the sealed container for up to 3 days.
For a less intense shot, add the juice to a glass with water and have it as a drink. You can also add some honey to sweeten it up.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 3 oz shot
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 49Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g