If you've ever wondered how to bake chicken tenders in the oven, then you've come to the right place! These healthy oven baked chicken tenders are juicy, tender, and loaded with flavor. Not to mention, they're beyond easy to make and they come out perfect every single time.
Table of Contents
The Best Baked Chicken Tenders
As far as quick and easy chicken recipes go these oven baked chicken tenders are at the top of my family's list. Mostly because not only are they incredibly juicy, but they're incredibly flavorful too. They're coated in a paprika-based spice rub that's just downright addicting.
Also, they're a cinch to make. The whole process of whipping these chicken tenders up comes down to following just 3 simple steps.
Plus, since this is a naked chicken tenders recipe - meaning they're made without any breading - they take half the amount of time to cook in the oven compared to breaded chicken tenders.
Now, I'm not going to lie, these naked tenders are delicious on their own, but I think they're even better served next to this roasted eggplant, this roasted kohlrabi, these tender grilled carrots, this sauteed bok choy.
Why This Recipe Works
Quick and easy. Toss the chicken tenders in spices, arrange them on a wire rack, and bake! It's effortless and the chicken breast tenders are ready in just 30 minutes!
Family favorite. Kids and adults both love these baked chicken tenders, so you'll have an easy dinner that is sure to be a hit with everyone.
Healthy. These homemade baked chicken tenders are so much better for you than fast food tenders or frozen tenders from the store. Since they aren't deep fried or coated in bread crumbs, they're lower in calories and are basically all protein.
Versatile. Serve your oven chicken tenders with roasted veggies, over creamy pasta, in a sandwich, or chopped and tossed in a salad. They'll instantly add flavor and protein to any meal, and they go with so many things!
Besides the chicken tenders, all you need to make this recipe are a handful of pantry staple ingredients. And, honestly, you probably have most - if not all - of them on hand already!
Anyway, here's everything you'll need to make 'em:
- 1 lb. chicken tenders
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon paprika powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
By the way, you can use some of these same ingredients to make chicken tenderloins with roasted veggies. So, if you end up with extras of some of them, I definitely suggest giving that recipe a try too.
How To Bake Chicken Tenders
1. Season chicken tenders: Preheat your oven to 475°F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Then, you can take out a medium-sized bowl and combine the olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper in it. Finally, toss the chicken tenders in the oil and spices until they're well coated on all sides.
2. Bake chicken tenders: Arrange the chicken tenders on a wire rack and then set it on top of a prepared baking sheet. Bake for around 20 minutes or until the chicken tenders reach 165°F.
3. Rest and serve: Once they're fully cooked, transfer the chicken tenders to a plate and let them rest for 5 minutes before serving. Serve 'em with some grilled green beans, sauteed eggplant, sauteed sweet potatoes, or anything else you can thi nk of, and enjoy!
Tips To Make the Best Recipe
- Coat the chicken tenders on all sides with the spice mixture for maximum flavor.
- Add half a cup of shredded parmesan cheese to the spice mixture before coating the chicken tenders. It'll form a deliciously cheesy coating with a crispy crunch.
- Add some heat to the spice mix with cayenne pepper, or switch it up with some Italian seasoning. You can also use the seasoning recipe from this baked chicken legs recipe.
- If you can't find chicken tenderloins at the store, you can make them yourself by slicing boneless skinless chicken breasts into ½-inch thick chicken strips.
- Air fry the chicken tenders instead of baking. Just season the chicken tenders as instructed, then cook them in an air fryer preheated to 400°F for 10 minutes - just make sure to flip them halfway through the cooking time.
How To Store Chicken Tenders
In the fridge: Keep your leftover chicken tenders in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
In the freezer: Transfer the frozen chicken tenderloins to a freezer-safe airtight container - or freezer bag - with the excess air squeezed out. They'll last in the freezer for about 6 months.
Reheating: Preheat your oven to 400°F. Then, place the chicken tenders on a wire rack set over a baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until they're warmed through. Just keep in mind if you're starting with frozen chicken tenders you'll want to increase the baking time to 18-20 minutes.
FAQs About This Baked Chicken Tenders Recipe
Do you bake chicken at 350 or 400?
You can bake chicken at either 350°F or 400°F. Baking chicken at 400°F - and even higher temps - leads to perfectly juicy and tender meat when it's cooked for the right amount of time. Just keep in mind, there is a risk of drying out leaner, thinner cuts of chicken if you cook them at higher temps.
Baking chicken at 350°F takes longer and will result in less crispy skin, but it has a lower chance of drying out the meat. I've found that the perfect temperature for baking chicken is 375°F.
How long does it take to bake chicken tenders at 350 degrees?
It will take around 20-30 minutes to bake chicken tenders in the oven at 350°F. The cooking time of your chicken tenders really comes down to the thickness of them.
How long should you bake chicken tenders at 400?
You should bake chicken tenders at 400°F in the oven for around 15-20 minutes. Thinner chicken tenders will take less time, about 12-15 minutes.
How long should chicken tenders bake at 375?
Chicken tenders should take about 20-25 minutes at 375°F if you're using an oven. They'll take between 10-12 minutes if you're using an air fryer.
More Easy Chicken Recipes
- Sauteed chicken breasts
- Chicken and peppers
- Grilled chicken legs
- Air fryer chicken breast
- Air fryer chicken thighs
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Combine olive oil and spices in a bowl.
- Add chicken tenders and coat them well with the spice mixture.
- Arrange the chicken tenders on a wire rack on top of the baking sheet.
- Bake the chicken tenders for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 4 Tenders
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 290Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 1gNet Carbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 46g