Rich, creamy, and perfectly sweetened, this toasted almond keto ice cream is to die for! And you don’t even need an ice cream machine to make it. Oh, and the best part is this homemade keto ice cream has only 1 NET CARB per serving!
Table of Contents
The Best Keto Ice Cream Recipe
If you miss eating ice cream on the keto diet and don't want to make a recipe that calls for using an ice cream machine, this recipe is for you!
This easy no churn homemade keto ice cream is sugar free, guilt-free, and actually tasty. It's velvety rich and scoopable ice cream with just the right amount of sweetness, and it tastes like a creamy cheesecake blended with toasted almonds.
Honestly, it tastes like something you would get at a fancy ice cream shop!
Not to mention, it packs a ton of good fat for balancing out your macros. It's basically a keto fat bomb in ice cream form.
By the way, I have a ton of other keto ice cream recipes you can try after this. This peanut butter ice cream, mint chocolate chip, and strawberry ice cream are some of my favorites. They also don't require an ice cream machine and are made in just a mason jar.
Oh, and for something a little different, you can make this frozen yogurt recipe!
Why This Recipe Works
No churn ice cream. You don't need an ice cream machine or ice cream maker for this recipe. Just a little mixing and freezing. That's it!
The texture. Some keto ice cream brands have a fake texture, but this recipe makes ice cream with a legit texture that's so close to traditional ice cream.
Simple ingredients. This recipe is made with just 7 ingredients, and they're all really basic.
As I already mentioned, all you need to make this ice cream are 7 ingredients, and those ingredients are:
- 1 cup coconut full fat milk
- ¾ cups heavy cream
- About ¼ cup almond butter
- 3.5 oz. cream cheese
- ¼ cup erythritol
- 1 teaspoon Almond extract
Super simple stuff, right? All of these ingredients make regular vanilla ice cream with an elevated creaminess and delightful almond flavor.
And speaking of almonds, this keto ice cream actually uses a lot of the same ingredients as my keto almond cake, so I highly recommend checking that out next! It even goes incredibly well with a scoop of this yummy ice cream on top.
How To Make Keto Ice Cream
1. Beat the heavy cream: Whisk the heavy cream in a mixing bowl until peaks form.
2. Combine the ingredients: Separately whisk the cream cheese with the erythritol in another bowl. Add this mixture to the mixing bowl with the heavy cream. Mix everything together, then add the coconut milk and almond butter and mix until it all combines.
3. Freeze: Pour the ice cream into a mold, sprinkle with toasted almonds, and let it freeze overnight. The next day, let the ice cream sit at room temperature for a minute, scoop it out, and enjoy!
Tips To Make The Best Recipe
- Use an electric whisker to mix the ingredients.
- Use granulated erythritol or monk fruit sweetener for the sugar in this recipe.
- Use pecans instead of almonds for butter pecan ice cream.
- Swap the almond butter for classic peanut butter, cashew butter, and sunflower seed butter.
- Swap the almond extract for vanilla extract for a classic vanilla bean ice cream.
How To Store Keto Ice Cream
So, this keto ice cream recipe will make about 6 servings, so you should have plenty to enjoy throughout the week. And storing this homemade keto ice cream is just like storing any regular ice cream.
You can store your toasted almond ice cream in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 6 months. Since it stores so well, you'll want to double or triple the recipe. At least, that's what I always do since it's a family favorite in the Duff household.
FAQS About This Keto Ice Cream Recipe
What kind of ice cream can I eat on keto?
Any ice cream that is low in net carbs and sugar is ok to eat on keto. There are actually a few great choices on this low calorie ice cream list, so check that out.
What makes keto ice cream different?
The main difference between keto ice cream and regular ice cream is that keto ice cream is made with a sugar substitute that has zero calories, and it uses unsweetened milk.
Is Halo Top keto ice cream actually keto?
Yes, it has about 7 net carbs per pint with no added sugar, so it is keto.
More Keto Ice Cream Recipes
- Keto almond milk ice cream
- Butter pecan keto ice cream
- Peanut butter keto ice cream
- Keto chocolate ice cream
- Mint chocolate chip keto ice cream
- Keto coffee ice cream
Keto Ice Cream Recipe | No Ice Cream Machine Needed
Rich, creamy, and perfectly sweetened, this toasted almond keto ice cream is to die for! And you don’t even need an ice cream machine to make it. But the best part is this homemade keto ice cream has only 1 NET CARB per serving!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: Keto Low carb
- Whisk heavy cream in a mixing bowl.
- Separately whisk the cream cheese with the sugar, then add it in a a mixing bowl with heavy cream.
- Combine, then add coconut milk. Finally add the almond butter.
- Pour into a mold, sprinkle with toasted almonds and leave in the freezer overnight.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 225
- Fat: 22
- Carbohydrates: 2.8
- Fiber: 1.6
- Protein: 2.6
Keywords: Keto ice cream recipe, Keto ice cream, Almond ice cream, Toasted almond ice cream, Low carb ice cream, low carb ice cream recipe, Keto friendly ice cream, keto friendly ice cream recipe, Best keto ice cream, best keto ice cream recipe, no sugar ice cream, Sugar free ice cream recipe, sugar free ice cream, keto low carb ice cream, how to make keto ice cream, ice cream keto, coconut milk ice cream, coconut milk ice cream recipe, how to make low carb ice cream, no churn ice cream