Lets Talk Brownies
Over a year ago now I came out with this infamous recipe for brownies. Little did I know that it would go on to become my most popular recipe on YouTube. Now, that recipe is great…really really great actually, but it does have just one tiny flaw. Unfortunately that recipe contains dairy. And that doesn’t sound like a big deal, but actually the substitution question I get the most on it is, “What can I substitute for the Greek yogurt?”. Well, the truth is you can’t substitute the yogurt for anything.
That’s where this brownie recipe comes in and saves the day! These brownies have no dairy, and are actually sweetened naturally with honey. It’s actually my spin on Jillian Michaels’ brownie recipe. And I have to say these brownies are nothing short of spectacular. I mean, just take a moment to look at the photo. It screams fudge-y deliciousness!
Besides these brownies being t-a-s-t-y, tasty, their unbelievably easy to make. Seriously, making these from scratch is almost as easy as making them from the box. Plus, these guys are quite a bit more macro-friendly than the store bought kind, which is reason enough to make ’em for yourself!
So…What About The Macros?
Macros Per Brownie (makes 16):
80 Calories, 2g Fat, 14g Carbs (1g fiber), 1g Protein
- ½ Cup (60g) white whole wheat flour
- ¼ Tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ Tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- ⅓ Cup (30g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- Just less than ½ Cup (168g) of honey
- ½ Cup (121g) unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 Tbsps (28g) coconut oil
- ½ Tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Egg
- In a microwavable safe bowl add the honey
- Microwave 30-45 sec (or until liquid-y)
- Now add in the unsweetened cocoa powder and mix until combined
- Set that bowl aside and get out a larger bowl for your dry ingredients
- Add all dry ingredients to the bowl and combine well
- Set that bowl aside and bring back your honey mixture
- Add the rest of your wet ingredients to the honey mixture and mix until smooth and chocolatey
- Now pour the wet ingredients into the dry and combine all of the ingredients until smooth
- In an 8x8 baking tray add your batter and bake at 350 degrees | 177 Celsius for around 25 minutes
- Cool in the tray for about 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling
Do you need help losing weight, but don’t know where to begin?
My e-book Macros Made Easy can help!
The book is a detailed weight loss guide that shows you step-by-step how to build a weight loss plan specifically for you.
One of the most frustrating things about dieting is hitting weight loss plateaus. That’s why Macros Made Easy also comes along with a spreadsheet to hold you accountable, and track your progress. The spreadsheet will also alert you when you need to make adjustments to your diet so you can continue losing weight, and avoid those annoying plateaus.
I started tracking my macronutrients (protein, carbohydrate, and fat intake) over 6 years ago – and I’ve lost over 70lbs because of it! Not only have I lost the weight, I’ve kept it off too. Plus, I didn’t eliminate any foods from my diet to do it- and neither will you!
If you’re ready to start your weight loss journey today, you can pick-up a downloadable copy of Macros Made Easy here!